Our foundations are:
- Identify in Christ – the bedrock on which so much else is built
- Kingdom – this represents all churches, not just us, and it addresses all areas of life, wherever we take God’s presence
- Freedom and grace
Our values are:
- Authenticity brings freedom. Integrity creates a heart connection between family members. We aim to be real and honest with one another.
- Honouring is about recognising the value of other people. It empowers people and kills gossip.
- Courage is crucial if we are to be genuinely Spirit-led, guided by God to reach out to those who do not yet have a relationship with him. Courage enables kingdom breakthrough here on Earth.
- Generosity impacts those around us. It is about being generous not only with money but with our time and effort. It is having a willingness to serve with excellence.
- A team-based culture allows everyone to play a part, using and developing the gifts God has given them. It calls on us to be servant hearted.
We look to develop leaders who are:
- Devoted to God
- Emotionally intelligent
- Team players
We seek to be a community which is:
- Connecting with God through worship
- Transforming lives through relationship with God that embraces Word and Spirit
- A family relating well to one another
- Doing what we see the Father doing in evangelism and world mission
- Ready for suffering and persecution
Seeing his kingdom established
We don’t want to bring religion to people. Instead we are asking God what he wants to do, what he wants his church to be and how we can outreach in a culturally relevant way, bringing Christ to those who are unchurched and needing good news.
We look for reality with God when we get together. We don’t put stress on meeting God in a specific building. We are looking for God’s manifest presence in our informal meetings. “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20.
Authenticity with God
A place where we can be real with God and with each other, where integrity and honesty are valued more than outward appearances
Authenticity with the Gospel
Where each person has a heart to share the good news without compromise in a simple, culturally relevant way and in plain English
Authenticity with Bible
A community that values the bible as the living word of God and seeks to apply biblical principles to every area of life
Freedom to be who we are created to be in God
Chasing after being Christ-like in character while celebrating the diversity of God in its expression
Expressing Spiritual Gifts alongside the fruit of the Spirit
Seeking God’s power and gifting in and for everything we do
Valuing a culture of respect and acceptance which has God’s loving heart in everything we communicate
Building a group that blesses others, sends and plants
Prayer for Towcester
If you ask anything in my name…
We believe that God answers prayer. We aren’t exclusive and know that other churches and other christians are praying for Towcester and the surrounding area. Yet we are looking for a significant move of the Holy Spirit across the region and therefore we have been praying reguarly to seek God and seek his kingdom. We started off in 2015 with fortnightly meetings which were called ‘Prayer for Towcester’ and were open to all to join in and catch the vision.
Since then as we have gradually formed up as a church we have been doing prayer walks through the estates in Towcester and also in surrounding villages, asking God to move through our lives and through our community in ways which are more powerful than we have experienced up until now.